Please post a story, memory, note to the family or question by clicking on "comments" toward the bottom of the page. We'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Passing away quickly...

I think I speak for all when I say that it felt really quick. Nana was going down to Santa Barbara to get better from her surgery and before we knew it she was home and we were told that she probably wouldn't make it to the end of the week. We all agree that is a huge blessing. She mainly just slept for a few days, and it seemed that she was very peaceful and in very little pain. Of all ways to pass out of this life, hers didn't seem too bad.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Katie, for doing this blog for family and friends. Nana is loving right now,so am I.
    Your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roland and Dianne ClarkApril 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM

    To Pat's family,
    Oh how we will miss your beautiful Pat!! I am so thankful for the day Pat interviewed for a job as a special education instructional assistant for the South Bay UHSD. I immediately recognized her talents and was grateful to put her to work. Eventually she helped start a new program called Word Ability which she loved. The program helped to train and place special needs students into a variety of jobs. What an exciting time. We certainly had enough material to write a book and should have. I have such fun memories of visiting Pat in SLO and going to the many places she loved. I will never forget taking a small blow-up raft onto Lake Lopez with Pat and Barbara Alexander. We must have given everybody a laugh but no one laughed more than we did. Pat was an extraordinary person and a very special friend. I am grateful for the years we spent together. Dianne Clark and Roland too

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many memories... The Stricklands in Goleta... Mark & Nancy... days at the beach with the twins...Patsy spending Christmas with our family in Guadalajara (I still use the story of the 100 Peso note she gave me being worth $7 in 1978, and 7 cents in 1993 to teach inflation to my students)... driving Pat, Judy & Carol out for MORE tequila in the '60 Cadillac... Peace Corps stories... and the San Luis/Arroyo Grande years

    Godspeed, Pat. You are in our thoughts.

    Paolo, Denise, & Julia Sheaffer

    ReplyDelete